330 MacNaughton Avenue, Moncton
New Brunswick’s Food Security Source
Serving the Frontline on Hunger
Food Depot Alimentaire (FDA) is a registered, non-profit charitable organization that serves food banks, community kitchens, after-school programs and other supportive agencies across Southeastern New Brunswick. Our primary functions include food storage and distribution, fundraising and food collection, security and advocacy for the people we serve and the agencies we support.
For many New Brunswickers and Canadians, hunger is a real challenge that they must face in their daily lives.
On average, Moncton’s two community kitchens serve 740 meals to men, women and children each day.
In this past year, we have…..
- Supplied food banks and soup kitchens with more than 2.5 million pounds of food.
- Served more than 1,100,000 meals, 30,000 of which were served to families. Out of these 30,000 families, a little more than 40,000 adults and 18,000 children under the age of 18 were fed.
- Logged more than 20,000 volunteer hours at our distribution centre. This doesn’t include the numerous volunteers at individual food banks.
Student Nutrition Program
Our student nutrition program is:
- Available free of charge to ALL schools in Francophone and Anglophone that are located in Moncton
- Bulk purchasing and storing capacity through a central Hub
- Gives ALL students have access to a nutritious breakfast on a daily basis
- Support with program resources and opportunities for equipment grants through Breakfast Clubs of Canada
over 1500 students served!
- Bernice MacNaughton High School
- Beaverbrook School
- Birchmount School
- Queen Elizabeth School
- Evergreen Park School
- Forest Glen School
- Harrison Trimble School
- Magnetic High School
- Sunny Brae Middle School
- Arnold H McLeod
- Le Sommet
- Riverview Middle School
- Riverview High School
- Riverview Boys & Girls Club (Riverview East & Riverview West)
- Frank L. Bowser
- Dorchester Consolidated School
- Tantramar Regional High School
- Salem Elementary School
Food Recovery Program
Together we can make Moncton a zero waste city
In October 2016, in partnership with Food Banks Canada and the City of Moncton, the Food Depot Alimentaire launched their Greater Moncton Food Recovery Program!
The FRP is a collaborative program made up of 7 agencies across Greater Moncton who benefit from food recovered product on a weekly basis. The Food Depot Alimentaire facilitates the program by gathering retail partners to donate their food once it is ready to be pulled from the shelves, including meat, fish, produce and dairy. Our refrigerated vehicle
Our Participating Retailers: Sobeys, Atlantic Superstore, Atlantic Wholesale Cash & Carry and Costco.
Food Recovery Program Partners
Food Recovery Program Information
The Food Depot Alimentaire in partnership with the City of Moncton, Food Banks Canada and local non-profit food agencies have identified the need for a centralized city-wide Food Recovery Program.
Listed Members of the Food Recovery Program
- Peter McKee Community Food Centre
- Karing Kitchen
- Ray of Hope Kitchen
- House of Nazareth
- Harvest House
- Salvation Army Family and Community Services (Breakfast Program)
- Reduce food waste specifically fresh foods in local area grocery stores and markets
- A centralized system to bring efficiencies and reduce workload for retailers and NPOs
- Create transportation logistics and reduce carbon food-print
- Increase food safety by keeping the cold chain, and proper warehouse storage
- Increase food security for individuals and families who need the food
Located in the Caledonia Industrial Park, our 12,000 square foot warehouse hosts a large walk-in freezer and refrigeration unit, which allows us to store dry, fresh and frozen food annually.
Food Depot Alimentaire is operated by a Board of Directors, a small staff and a large group of volunteers.
Dale Hicks – President
Gary Jamieson – Vice President
Francis Melanson – Treasurer
Monica Symes – Secretary
Honorary Board Members
Chantal Senecal – Executive Director
Jaclyn Beaulieu – Administrative Manager
Ken Canning – Warehouse and Transportation
Chef Adam O’Brien – Medavie community kitchen
Alicia Clarkson – Garden Coordinator
Don Killam – Transportation
Natalia Startsev – Warehouse Logistics
Nick Freeman – Warehouse
In April 2017 in partnership with the NBAFB and Midland Transport, the Food Depot Alimentaire launch their provincial distribution division. Located at 330 MacNaughton, the warehouse is collecting and distributing hundreds of thousands of pounds of food each month to over 61 food banks throughout all of New Brunswick.
Agencies We Support
we are also the regional hub for southeast NB, and support over 30 agencies including Food Banks, Shelters, Soup Kitchens, Supportive Organizations & School Programs.
Other Supported Organizations
Systema, Humanity Project, Crossroads for Women, Youth of Mountain Road, AtHome Chez Soi Project, School Food Programs, Blessings in a backpack, Pregnancy Crisis Centre, Laura Steever Food Service, Eva Legere Food Service
KCVA Food Bank
9358 Main Street, Unit 4
Tel.: (506) 523-7580
Fax: (506) 523-6339
Hours of operation
Tuesday to Thursday
Albert County Food Bank
50 Runneymeade Road
Tel.: (506) 386-7824
Hours of operation
Tuesday: 1-4 p.m. Wednesday: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Closed first seven days of the month
330 MacNaughton Avenue, Moncton, NB E1H 2K1