Full Time 40 hours per week, hours may vary.
Food Depot Alimentaire (FDA) is a non-profit organization which services over 40 various food banks, soup kitchens, crisis centers, school breakfast programs, after school programs, etc. in Southeastern NB. It is also the provincial distribution center for all of NB on behalf of New Brunswick Association of Food Banks (NBAFB). The Peter Mckee Community Food Center is owned and operated by FDA and provides Moncton clients with a food bank, teaching kitchen, GED program, community garden, clothing thrift store, and learning seminar services.
- Minimum 2 years post secondary education in social services or a related field, completion of college or university program.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a related field, working directly with people in need, people experiencing homelessness, and mental health and addiction issues.
- Minimum 2 years experience in supervisory or management position.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues surrounding food insecurity and poverty in our province, and knowledge and understanding of government policies, and departments related to poverty and food security issues.
- Knowledge of other non profit organizations, services and resources available in the community
Bilingualism is a strong asset
Working under the direction of the Executive Director
- Responsible for overall day to day operations of the Peter McKee Community Food Centre , it’s staff and volunteers.
- Working directly with clients to determine other areas of need, and assistance. Case management, handling of difficult and escalating situations.
- Responsible for volunteer coordination with corporate groups and individuals
- Works closely with Executive Director to create partnerships, apply for funding grants, plan and facilitate fundraising activities, and develop programming related to the Peter McKee centre.
- Supervises and gives direction to staff, volunteers and students whose duties are related to the Peter McKee centre.
- Attends and facilitates meetings
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of the building and property at all times
- Ensures and develops policies and procedures related to the Peter McKee centre, specifically the food bank, and ensures food quantities are maintained. Works with the Food Depot staff and Executive Director on food procurement.
- Works to reduce food bank visits. Works closely with community kitchen and community garden staff as well as in partnership and collaboration with other community organization to meet community goals.
- Ensures reports on all activities are current and ensures all information related to client services are entered in our data tracking systems
- Other related duties may be requested.
Interested candidates must provide a resume to email@example.com or call 506-383-4281 ext. 103 and ask for Chantal Senecal.